Last updated Friday, June 19, 2020, at 11:00 AM MTN.
Hello NWLL families,
We are very pleased to announce that with the Alberta Phase 2 reopening announcement this week, we have determined that we can offer a modified summer season! We are so excited to get our kids back on the ball field.
Due to the ongoing concern about COVID-19 and the health orders declared by the Alberta Chief Medical Officer of Health, there will be several modifications to how this season looks. Please note these important aspects:
- We will be offering the following age groups: Coach Pitch, Minors, Majors, Intermediate, Junior and Senior. We are not able to offer T-Ball at this time.
- There will be NO EVALUATIONS for any age group. Parity teams will be created to the best of our ability based on the previous year’s evaluation scores where available. Requests to play up a division may be submitted at the time of registration as usual and will be considered based on registration numbers and previous baseball experience.
- Team sizes will be limited to adhere to the 50 participant cohort indicated in the guidelines provided by Alberta Health. We will try to place siblings on the same team (where appropriate) to keep households together. This means that coaches and players cannot be in multiple cohorts (e.g., a soccer cohort plus a baseball cohort).
- There will be no traditional team photos, team wind-ups, team snacks, or travel teams. As such, our registration fees will be lower than for our traditional spring seasons. Coach Pitch registration will be $125, and all other levels will be $150.
- There are safety protocols that must be followed, and we will need significant parent involvement to help us implement these. We will need many volunteers from each team to help with equipment sanitization, ensuring players adhere to physical distancing and respiratory etiquette and logging attendance for contact tracing. Detailed safety plans will be available on our website as soon as possible and updated as new information is released.
Since we want to get this season underway as soon as possible, registration was open from June 14-18. We aim to start to practice the week of June 22 and games the week of July 6, with the season-ending by August 22. Important coach and manager meetings will be held on June 21 in the early afternoon. More details will be provided to registrants as soon as possible, and we ask for patience as our volunteers work to pull this together quickly.
If you have a credit from working our casino in January, you may use it for the summer season. If you choose not to register for this modified summer season, you may use the credit for spring 2021. After that time, the credit will expire. The coupon code will remain the same; if you do not have that email from late January, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your code.
Registration is now closed. For any other registration questions, please email email@example.com.
Stay healthy and safe,
North West Little League