2021 COVID Safety Info
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Last updated April 20, 2021, 6:30 PM MST
NWLL will abide by all Public Health requirements and recommendations and those provided by Little League Alberta and Little League Canada. Our complete Safety Plan is at the bottom of this page.
Development/Practice Season (April-May):
Only small group outdoor youth training sessions are currently permitted by Alberta Public Health Regulations.
- Groups must be no more than 10 participants, including coaches.
- Physical distancing of 2m outdoors must be maintained.
- Coaches/volunteers must remain masked at all times.
- Participants must remain masked except during physically distanced, high intensity activity (e.g., running). ‘Masks on’ unless directed otherwise by your coach.
- The need for small groups means that some teams will need to divide into 2 smaller groups (e.g., 5-6 players + 1-2 coaches per group).
- No public spectators including parents and family are permitted at this time, in order to minimize socialization activities. Parents should wait at their cars when dropping off and picking up their players. For T-Ball and Coach Pitch, 1 adult per player may remain at the field, physically distanced.
- Ridesharing (car-pooling) is not recommended. Players should travel only with an immediate family member. Group car-pooling is not recommended or endorsed by NWLL.
- NWLL Zero Tolerance policy is in place and must be abided by all volunteers and players. You will be asked to leave if you do not adhere to safety protocols.
Screening and Tracking:
- Anyone attending or participating in NWLL practices and games must complete the COVID-19 symptom screening before coming to the field using the online self-assessment tool or TeamSnap HealthCheck (mandatory for all participants; Manager will verify). If anyone has any symptoms of concern, please stay home.
- All people who are attending or participating should be listed in your TeamSnap availability note. Also, team managers or designate may ask you to sign-in and ensure your contact info is known should tracing be required. This information will only be used for tracing, kept for 2 weeks then destroyed confidentially.
- If you are notified of a positive COVID case on your team, please contact email@example.com and AHS contact tracing will provide further instructions.
- All people present will be encouraged to maintain a physical distancing of 2m at all times. Bleachers will be closed. Player gear will be stored along the outside of the fence as the dugout space is limited.
- Hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette will be emphasized regularly throughout the event and on signage in the fields. Each team must designate a Safety Spotter who will identify potential issues to coaches and provide support when needed for enforcing safety protocols.
- Players are encouraged not to touch their faces or put any part of their hands in their mouths. Pitchers are not allowed to put their fingers into their mouths.
- Spitting and handshakes will not be permitted, nor will consumption of sunflower seeds, unshelled peanuts, or gum at the diamond.
- Players should arrive dressed and ready to play and bring their own labelled water bottle. Shared food/beverages are PROHIBITED.
- Where possible, players should use only their own equipment (glove, helmet and bat). Uniforms and equipment should be cleaned before each session.
- If a participant requires first aid, a family member will attend to the injured. If not possible, the first aider should use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, including a medical mask and gloves.
Cleaning and Sanitization:
- All shared equipment (e.g., catcher gear and bats) must be cleaned and sanitized before using another player. Baseballs will be frequently cleaned and sanitized and then rotated back into practice or gameplay.
- Each team will have 1-2 volunteers responsible for cleaning and sanitizing equipment throughout practices and games. NWLL will provide all supplies.
- Any porta-potties available at the diamonds will be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition and remain locked. Cleaning and disinfection will occur at the start of any event.